Monday, July 7, 2008

The Can-Can Martini

Thanks to the mixology skills of my brother-in-law I was recently introduced to the best martini I have ever had. 

It is made with St-Germain liqueur. St-Germain is made from Elderflower and has a distinct floral flavor. There is something almost familiar about the taste, even though I know I have never experienced it before. St-Germain is difficult to find, but if you can locate a bottle don't pass up the chance to try out this recipe. 


2 Shots of Vodka or Gin
1 1/2 Shots of St-Germain
1/2 Shot of Dry Vermouth or Dry White Wine

Shake all ingredients with ice and fine strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with a lemon or orange twist. 

It's hard to describe how absolutely delicious this martini is. I've never tasted anything like it. The website for St-Germain also has recipes for other cocktails and yummy drinks to make with the liqueur. 


Bonus: The bottle is gorgeous! 
Thanks for introducing me to this Cullen!!! 


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! It give us a little window seat into eachother's lives:) I do find it ironic that you (a feminist, egalitarian, working woman) decided to blog about all things domestic. Cheers! for the freedom to choose what ever your fancy:)

    ReplyDelete