Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Burgers


As chances to grill out are close to being over for the year, I felt the need to post about my opinions about burgers. 

As far as I'm concerned, if it is frozen, it is not worth grilling. If you are going to take the time to make a burger at home there is no reason to not start from scratch. I also am firmly against typical hamburger buns. If you are going to take the time to make a patty from scratch then you should put it on a bun that tastes better than styrofoam. I like to buy fresh made rolls or buns from the bakery section of the grocery store. 

To make the perfect burger take fresh ground beef. When I am cooking with ground beef I usually buy lower fat meat so that I have less fat to drain, when making a burger however, you want a bit more fat because it tastes better. I usually go for an 80/20 split for burgers. Be sure that you handle the meat as little as possible, the more you handle it the tougher it gets. In my personal opinion burgers taste best stuffed with blue cheese. I know that a lot of people don't like blue cheese but I have served burgers stuffed with blue cheese to many people who claim to not like it and they don't even know it is in there, so try it! I make two smaller patties, place crumbled blue cheese on one and then place the other patty on top and seal the sides. I then coat the sealed patty in Montreal Steak Seasoning. Place on the grill and make sure to not over cook. 

This is the only way to eat a burger at home. It's so easy! Boycott frozen patties. It will change your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment